Please note that as from Monday 23rd March Oakfield Surgery will be relocating to Newmarket Community Hospital 56 Exning Road Newmarket Suffolk CB8 7JG contact details will remain the same
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
Important - These reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is separate advice about staying at home if:
Do not leave your home if you have either:
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Important - Call 111 for advice if you're worried about a baby or child.
If they seem very unwell, are getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call 999.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.
Use the quick NHS coronavirus status checker to tell us about your current experience of the virus.
This will help the NHS plan its response to coronavirus by showing where the virus is spreading and how it affects people.
On 10th March 2020 Oakfield Surgery changed the way you can book your appointment.
From the above the only way to book an appointment is with AskMyGP
Save time and book online - no more queuing on the telephone!
· Available 24/7 and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday
· We will usually get back to you within 2 hours (after 4:30pm it might be the next day)
· You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
· You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone or secure message
· If we need to see you we will usually give you an appointment the same day
· You will need to register the first time you use askmyGP, but this can easily be done without any paperwork.
· AskmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
· Please note you will no longer be able to book a GP telephone appointment using the Systmonline appointment system after 10th March 2020.
This practice is a member of Suffolk Primary Care – an innovative partnership of like-minded GP surgeries that have joined together to promote best practice and find new ways of working.
By sharing our resources and expertise we can tackle some of the challenges currently facing the NHS and ensure our patients continue to receive the high level of care they rightly deserve.
Suffolk Primary Care has six core values focused on achieving the best outcomes for patients, its staff and everyone in our community.
Alternatively, you can search for ‘Suffolk Primary Care’ on Facebook or ‘follow’ @Suffolk_PC on Twitter.
Monday 8am - 6.30pm
Tuesday 8am - 6.30pm
Wednesday 8am - 8.30pm
Thursday 8am - 6.30pm
Friday 8am - 6.30pm
Tel: (01638) 662018
Oakfield Surgery, Newmarket Community Hospital, 56 Exning Road, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7JG